Friday, July 30, 2010

Where can I find recipes for healthy family meals?

I have 2 very athletic kids, my son is 14 %26amp; my daughter is 10. They are not really big meat eaters so we only have meat about two-three times a week, but I would like some new recipes to try that are healthy. We all eat pretty healthy but I'm getting tired of the same old meals. Please point me to some helpful websites, thanks!!Where can I find recipes for healthy family meals?
http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Healthy-Cook鈥?/a>Where can I find recipes for healthy family meals?
I love the Cooking Light website. They have a lot of vegetarian options, as well as others. Their recipes (most) are easy to prepare and without obscure ingredients.





I also keep a menu blog, if you just want some new ideas. Check back each week!
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Pages/home.鈥?/a>





That's a really good one--of course, they feature Kraft products, but they offer a free recipe magazine and recipes to your inbox every day. You don't even have to go looking. You might also try the recipes section at sparkpeople.com--which is an excellent site to use if the kiddos are into keeping track of calories/veggie/water intake etc. foodnetwork.com and allrecipes.com are also great recipe sites. Best of luck!
I would try these, www.ChristinaCooks.com (vegan) or www.delicioustv.com. You could also try Rachel Ray's website I have cooked many of hers and they have been a big hit in my house so far. I also have a million recipies, or so my husband says, so I might some you would be interested in also, just let me know ok...Good luck.
ham chicken pork chops peas cornbread fish orka
Super-Healthy, Vegetable Medley


I love this, because when my friend and I created it, it was reasonably fast and incredibly tasty!


by Jamie Morgenstern





50 min | 20 min prep





SERVES 4





* 3 onions, diced


* 1 eggplant, 1 inch cubes


* 2 tomatoes, sliced thin


* 5 carrots, chopped . 2 thick


* 1 green bell pepper


* 5 small potatoes, microwaved until soft and cubed


* 3 garlic cloves, chopped


* 2-4 tablespoons coriander, to taste


* 3 tablespoons red peppers


* 1 tablespoon curry powder (optional)


* 2 tablespoons coriander


* 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded, if necessary) (optional)


* basil, to taste


* lemongrass, to taste


* lemon, to taste





1. Begin by spraying the bottom of a large pot with PAM (or similar substitute). Take the onions and garlic and cook until translucent.


2. In a separate pan, saut茅e the eggplant until lightly browned on all sides. Add a small amount of water to the eggplant and cover, simmering, for five minutes or until soft.


3. Add the tomato and carrot to the garlic and onion. Stir and add 1/2 cup of water. Add other vegetables, cover and simmer until the eggplant is ready. Add the eggplant, and the spices, to the pot. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are soft and spicy.


4. Great with rice, quinoa, or as a meal alone!











Nutrition Facts





Serving Size 1 (674g)





Recipe makes 4 servings


Calories 279


Calories from Fat 7 (2%)


Amount Per Serving %DV


Total Fat 0.9g 1%


Saturated Fat 0.2g 1%


Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g


Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4g


Trans Fat 0.0g


Cholesterol 0mg 0%


Sodium 75mg 3%


Potassium 1748mg 49%


Total Carbohydrate 64.3g 21%


Dietary Fiber 13.3g 53%


Sugars 14.0g


Protein 8.0g 15%


Vitamin A 13779mcg 275%


Vitamin B6 1.1mg 56%


Vitamin B12 0.0mcg 0%


Vitamin C 101mg 168%


Vitamin E 1mcg 3%


Calcium 93mg 9%


Iron 2mg 14%

No comments:

Post a Comment