Friday, July 30, 2010

Are ';Hungry Girl'; recipes actually healthy?

I stumbled upon Hungry Girl recipes on the Internet and they look delicious and guilt-free, as the site says, but I was just wondering, are they actually healthy to eat? I'm looking for a doctor or nutritionist's advice on this one. It seems like Hungry Girl is obsessed with carbs and amounts of fat in food, but what about the smoothies she says to flavour with artificial powder and the cupcakes she says to put processed artificial cream on? Yeah, there's no fat in it, but there's tons of processed junk in it like aspartame and who knows what else! So I was just wondering if a doctor would recommend these recipes to a teenage girl.Are ';Hungry Girl'; recipes actually healthy?
I'm not a dr. or nutritionist, but i just bought the cookbook and i already love it! i think these recipes are geared towards what can be made quickly and still be good for you. it's not just the carbs and fat that are listed, fiber and protein for example are very important to a healthy diet and they are listed for every item. [in the book at least] if there's anything you're not sure on [and no dr.s or nutritionists reply to this] just don't use that recipe, there are plenty of others. another great site for all kinds of recipes is allrecipes.com.


try the HG chocolate mousse-cones! they are awesome! just be careful not to get too much syrup in the bottom of the cone, it's overwhelming if you do.Are ';Hungry Girl'; recipes actually healthy?
At my local Borders the cookbook was one the buy one get one half off table. :) Hopefully it is there too. It definitely sweetened the deal for me. Report Abuse

I agree that the recipes don't seem very healthy. They sound pretty nasty tasting too. I'm thin and I never eat/drink that fake sugar stuff. I just make sure I don't eat too much real sugar or fat. To me, that's a lot easier and healthier than eating the processed artificial chemicals and whatever else is in those ';diet'; products!
How can they be 'healthy' when using white flour packaged cake mix, pre-made this and refined that?


Sounds like somebody's found a good gimmick, eh?


Stick to more natural recipes and you won't have to worry about it!


.
I live in Illinois never heard of them the lean crizine are good have to find out what you like best

No comments:

Post a Comment