Friday, July 30, 2010

Can you give me a healthy kid-friendly easy recipe?

Hi,


My hubby is going to Iraq soon. So its just going to be me and my 2 daughters (ages 5 and 2) for awhile. What i am looking for is some easy healthy kid friendly recipes. I am also hoping that these recipes have ';normal'; ingredients, LoL. Like i have NO idea what a leek is, i don't know if that is even know if thats spelled right.


Anyways... healthy....kid friendly. I would like to lose some weight while he is gone and not have to make a separate meal for my kids and also add some recipes to my very small collection that are healthy. Please don't refer me to any recipe sights because I've looked at a billion of them and have found very little that helps me. I would like mother tested and approved Ideas. Thanks in advance :)Can you give me a healthy kid-friendly easy recipe?
Replace all your ground beef with ground turkey to save 50% in calories.


Brown it in big batches, then freeze in 1# baggies. Thaw it out to make tacos (add a pkg of taco seasoning %26amp; simmer til dried, put on hard shells or tortillas w/lettuce, cheese, tomatoes.


Thaw %26amp; add to a jar of spaghetti sauce %26amp; serve over noodles.


Thaw and add a can of manwich, simmer, serve on buns.





Get a crockpot %26amp; put a beef or pork roast in it, cook all day with onions, carrots %26amp; potatoes. Use the leftovers for sandwiches, stew or soup the next day.





Breakfast-for-dinner is a hit for kids: make french toast or pancakes, or scrambled eggs for dinner. Or ';toad-in-******';--


cut a circle in a bread slice with a cup. Fry on one side til golden, flip, and break an egg into the hole. Fry til done.


(don't throw the circles away--fry them too)Can you give me a healthy kid-friendly easy recipe?
I have good luck getting my grandkids to eat healthy by letting them help fix everything. Example, when cooking them get to add all the seasoning, do all the mixing, anything that they are capable of doing, I let them, with close supervision. They are ages 6 and 3. They even love salad at my house, as they get to fix their own, after helping get the ingredients ready like grating the cheese. Good luck.
I know what you mean. I have 2 daughters (12 and 8) we have been on our own for 7 years (my husband got killed in a diy building project!) And I would like to loose weight.





We eat a lot of baked or grilled chicken breast or tenders. Tenders are easier for me to cook. Then have some veggies. The girls learned to appreciate chicken by dipping it in Ranch dressing. :o) Same thing with veggies.





I also like taking a soft tortilla and adding provolone cheese and a low sodium sandwich meat like Hillshire smoked Ham. These have more calories because of the tortilla.





I have even got them to eat whole wheat bread, it is a low calories whole wheat bread, but it has a good amonunt of fiber and less calories. It is also softer than some whole wheat breads.





Flavored applesauses with no added sugar make a good ';dessert.'; We like the strawberry applesauce.
It will be impossible to please you and your children at the same time. Children need and like macaroni, peanut butter, whole milk and, meat. That is not what an adult wanting to lose weight wants to eat, You all will enjoy celery, watermelon,fruits, and some vegetables. Any meat should be grilled or baked, always using a marinade first. Just don't buy bagged chips, pretzels,etc. No cupcakes- instead offer blueberries with sliced strawberries mixed with 1/2 tsp sugar(serve after 1/2 hour) of mixing.
Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich.





What you need:





2 slices of whole wheat bread


Organic peanut butter


1 small banana





Take two slices of bread and spread them both with peanut butter, then put thinly sliced banana on one side of the bread. Put the other peice of bread on top, cut in half, and enjoy. =]
Tomato Soup--with a tablespoon or so of peanut butter stirred into the soup( they won't know it's there) extra Protein! Grilled Cheese Half and Pickles, Olives. Celery, Carrot, whatever Veggie your kids like on the side! Jello with Coolwhip! Milk or Water!
Hi... I have 11 year old twins that are picky eaters and would rather live on processed foods. so I've learned to be a little mischevious in the food area to get some good things in them. Here are some of my tricks, please feel free to email me if you have questions:





chicken nuggets or fish sticks: I hate buying the boxed stuff. So expensive for what you get and not very healthy to boot. Instead try this, you'll like it too!





Cut up chicken breast pieces, or tilipia (this is the best fish to use because it's firm %26amp; actually inexpensive) into whatever size you want.


Bread crumbs (half a cup or more depending on how much chicken - you can you whole wheat too)


egg





Season chicken with salt/pepper, dip into egg, then bread crumbs. Bake in oven at 400 for about 20 minutes.





You can serve these with oven 'fried' potatoes too, the kids will love that. Cut up red potatoes (or even a sweet potato) into whatever shape you want, season generously with olive oil, salt and pepper, bake for 30 minutes or so (sometimes these go longer).





quick dinner idea: healthy chili tacos. Keep chili on hand for those really busy weeknights (Shelton is a good very healthy brand with no added MSG - try the mild turkey chili), use your favorite tortillas, grated cheese, add a bowl of baby carrots / little sugar tomatoes to the table... dinner ready in probably 10 minutes!





Have breakfast for dinner, if your girls like eggs/toast. I have a healthy yogurt pancake recipe that my sugar loving girls love, if you would like it feel free to email me.
You could make haystacks for a treat. Its a homemade candy using butterscotch chips and those crunchy dried chowmein noodles. Melt the butterscotch and drop the noodles, use a spoon to make dollops on a plate, and put them in the freezer for a few minutes. They're really really good.





Spaghetti is always easy. Noodles, a pound of (lean) ground beef or turkey and some some tomatoe sauce, and you're good to go.





You could broil some chicken and have rice with it or vegetables like baby carrots or corn (i don't think you should eat mashed potatoes cuz they're really starchy and won't help with your weight loss)








You could also buy fresh cut portions of fish from the deli, bake/broil/grill those and have some macaroni and cheese with that or whatever you like.





Sorry if this doesn't help so much. I tried. =]
boil water
  • cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment