Monday, August 23, 2010

Need recipe for a tasty and healthy breakfast cookie?

I need recipes for healthy and tasty breakfast cookies I can make for my family. Something with chocolate chips and oats. I have purchased the quaker breakfast cookies before and my kids love them. I would like to be able to make my own and if I can make them more healthier thats even better.Need recipe for a tasty and healthy breakfast cookie?
Jessica Seinfeld's book is great! I would recommend it, also. I also make my own breakfast cookies for my kids and they love them. Here's the recipe:





2 cups Simply Jif peanut butter (you can use any reduced fat kind, just don't use natural peanut butter...the texture won't work in this recipe)


2 eggs


1/2 cup brown sugar


1/2 cup oats (toast them in a dry skillet for a few minutes first)


splash of vanilla


1/2 cup dried fruits of choice (my kids love dried cranberries)





Combine all ingredients and drop by spoonful onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Lightly press each cookie with a fork to slightly flatten it. Bake for 8-10 minutes on 350 F. Cool a few minutes on the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Add chocolate chips, nuts, shredded coconut, etc as desired to the batter and bake as directed. The size of the spoon you use to make the cookies will determine the number of cookies you get. I can get at least 18 decent size cookies. These aren't quite as sweet as ';dessert'; cookies, but they make a great breakfast cookie! Good luck!Need recipe for a tasty and healthy breakfast cookie?
Buy ';Deceptively Delicious'; by Jessica Seinfeld (eBay or Amazon.com).....it's primarily dessert recipes that all have hidden veggies in them. My daughter made brownies with spinach that were wonderful! (grandkids loved them)

No comments:

Post a Comment