Saturday, August 21, 2010

Healthy and YUMMY recipes for person w/ Type II Diabetes?

My boyfriend was just diagnosed with Type II Diabetes, and I'm trying to find some recipes that are easy to make, still taste good and are good for him. Does anyone have recipes or know of websites that may have these recipes? Also he's a project manager for a construction company which means he's constantly in his truck driving around and has no fridge, what are some lunches and snacks I can pack for him that will survive in room temperature? Thanks in advance for your help! Any other tips are greatly appreciated, he has 3 months to get his sugar under control so I really want to do everything I can to help!Healthy and YUMMY recipes for person w/ Type II Diabetes?
I'm not diabetic, but a few of my family members have had it. So I started looking at ways to prevent it (just in case). I found a book called Dr. Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes. It's about how to actually treat type 2 naturally, without drugs. The book had in recipes and food suggestions. His website also has recipes here: http://www.nealbarnard.org/diabetes_reci鈥?/a>





Good luck.Healthy and YUMMY recipes for person w/ Type II Diabetes?
I've tried out many recipes from this website and was very happy with the results.


Healthy recipes without compromising the good taste, I just don't have to worry about my waist line.


Hope you enjoy. :)





http://recipesforhealthyliving.blogspot.鈥?/a>
Well not only am I also a Type 2 diabetic, I am also a former classically trained chef in french and continental cuisine, as for lunches and with no refrigeration, it could be challenging, the biggest thing is portions size, finding foods he can eat that are low carb abd do not raise his BdSgLvl.





And with a situation like that, his food choices have to not only be nutritious, but food safe in the situation he works in, so 2 thermo(s), 1 for liquid and a smaller wide mouth one for soups, stews or other dishes.





The larger one for coffee and if he likes it sweet and creamy, use sweeteners and low fat condensed (carnation) milk, with the stews/soups and other dishes some bread but no butter low fat margarine, I use the ';I cannot belive it's butter'; lite or Country Crock Lite, these have no problem in being keep at room temp, hopefully his truck has air conditioning to keep it cool.





Check out the Amercian Diabetic Society website for suggestions, the biggest thing is to find thing that are not only good for him in the nutritional area, but tastey enough to fill him up and keep him from snacking or slipping while he is bringing his BdSg down, snacks like fruits and veg, something to chew on in between meals is important also.
Find the book called the insulin resistance diet. My wife has that book and it has really made cooking and eating out much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment