Monday, August 23, 2010

Do you guys/girls have any simple, healthy, vegan meals recipes?

Ok, I'm looking for simple, healthy vegans meals to make because as it now stands I don't have any.





I haven't really cook any vegan meals, and I have been relying on frozen meals from Amy Kitchen's Boca Burgers, and other vegan/vegetarian frozen dinners.





I'm a college student, so that explains why I don't have the time to cook or the necessities I need to cook.





So, I'm really looking for easy, healthy, vegan meals to make that isn't so time consuming.





Do you guys/girls have any?Do you guys/girls have any simple, healthy, vegan meals recipes?
vegetable fahitas


curried rice noodles with vegetables


vegetable laksa


guacamole with corn chips


pizzas without cheese


fried rice with vegetable, pine nuts, and basically whatever's on hand


pastaDo you guys/girls have any simple, healthy, vegan meals recipes?
Japanese tofu steak with Asian greens and brown rice


60ml (录 cup) light soy sauce


40ml mirin


2 tsp sesame oil


600g firm tofu


60ml (录 cup) peanut oil


2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced


2 zucchini, sliced


1 red capsicum, deseeded, cut into strips


1 bunch asparagus, trimmed


1/2 cup cornflour, to dust


1 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted





Whisk together the soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil, set aside. Cut the tofu into 8 x 1.5cm thick steaks.





Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan on high. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds, add the zucchini, capsicum and asparagus and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until light golden. Remove from pan, set aside and keep warm.





Place the cornflour on a large flat plate and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Dust each tofu steak in the mixture. Wipe pan clean, add remaining oil and return to high heat. Add tofu in batches and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown and crisp.





Divide the vegetables between 4 serving plates, top with 2 tofu steaks, drizzle the tofu with the reserved sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with steamed brown rice.





Serves 4





This takes less than 1 hour to make! Hope you enjoy it! :D
Go out and get ';The Veganomicon';. It has everything.





Rice is a good, easy base for a lot of things and you can even buy it in those little bags that take 90 seconds in the nuke. If you don't want to spend 2 bucks a bag then get the boil in bag minute rice, but you'll need some kind of hot plate situation.


To the rice you can add any veggies you desire. Experiment with combinations and different spices, I discovered the magic of curry as well as the economy and sustaining properties of the spaghetti squash and the eggplant.


Veg or not you've got to be simple and creative in the dorm.


Recently I found whole grain flatbread with a spread of hummus over it topped with fresh salsa tastes great. A crazy vegan pizza and no heat required.
Check out MorningStar Farms' products. I'm a Vegetarian, so I don't know how many Vegan options they have, but I know they have a few! Dunno for sure if the following products they have a Vegan, but if they are, try:





Chik'n Strips Meal Starters--Add to a pasta dish or enjoy in a Quesadilla made with soy-cheese.





Burger Crumbles--Add to a tortilla with soy-cheese and ya got a very quick taco. Or make in a meatless goulash or lasagna.
I eat a lot of salads with beans in them. If you have a kitchen, you can make rice and beans, or rice with stir fried veggies and tofu.





If you have a blender, you can make smoothies for breakfast or lunch. I just throw some frozen fruit and some spinach (I know it sounds weird, but you can't taste it, and it's so nutritious!) in a blender, and blend well. You can experiment with different combos so you don't get bored.





I also like oatmeal with frozen fruit and nuts.





Another quick meal is bean wraps. If you have tortillas (or collard greens! I made a wrap using them today), beans, salsa, and whatever spices you like, you can have a nice meal in just a few minutes.





Also, if you like miso soup, you can get a tub of miso paste and some frozen veggies. Boil some water, toss the veggies in...once they're cooked, remove the water from the heat, and stir in some miso paste. Quick, easy, and good.





It's hard if you don't have a kitchen or a fridge, though. Good luck.
My husband %26amp; I try to do this everyday. We just go to the grocery store %26amp; get a salad from the salad bar. Today, we were in an area that had a Giant Food %26amp; they always have the freshest food. I took some spinach, kidney beans, peas, peice of pinapple, strawberry %26amp; a green mellon peice got in there but it was delicious. I took some things for protien you might not eat like mini-shrimp, immatation lobster which I think is cod fish, hard boiled egg,,,, there was just such a wide selection oh sunflower seeds, peice of broccoli...we also toast walnuts when we make a salad at home but careful they burn quickly..anyway, I always feel great after eating this...ooops, there were some Thai noodles I put in so they may have had MSG %26amp; I actually had a reaction which was my eyes were black underneath so something wasn't right but still, this is a great way to eat healthy....I would do a search for vegan quck meals...I bet you will find some great ideas...you can never get too many ideas.
no, you should look up recipes yourself, don't be so lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment