Monday, August 23, 2010

Healthy FAT FREE or VERY LOW FAT Crock Pot Recipes?

I need some good crock pot recipes because I have a newborn and teach piano in the evenings so cooking dinner has been a little tricky. My husband and I are VERY healthy eaters, so I am looking for FAT FREE or VERY, VERY, VERY low-fat recipes to use in our crock pot. I've searched online a bit, but so many have a LOT of fat! Do you have any good ideas? Thanks for passing along the recipes, everyone!





Happy New Year.Healthy FAT FREE or VERY LOW FAT Crock Pot Recipes?
this isnt really a recipe.. but I cook a whole bunch of chicken breast in my crock pot once a week and use a bunch of different ways for the rest of the week. Put your crock pot on an 8 hour setting, and put as many boneless skinless chicken breasts in there that will fit, then fill the crock pot with sodium free fat free chicken broth. Always make sure to check the internal temp of the chicken to be sure it cooked all the way.. it should come out very tender, and should pull apart and shred really easy! I put it in ziplock baggies and freeze them, then to thaw just pop it in the microwave for a minute or so, or leave it in the fridge for about an hour to two hours.. and use it on whatever you want!


We use it in everything from whole wheat wraps.. to pita sandwiches.. to enchiladas.. I even came up with a cashew chicken salad sandwich, using yogurt.. that is so good I could eat it every day. you can also make quick chicken soup with it with some fresh veggies, also!


If you want, you can send me a message on here and I will Email you any of the recipes you would like :)Healthy FAT FREE or VERY LOW FAT Crock Pot Recipes?
Stews!!! Veggies and all of that good stuff
  • scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment