Monday, November 21, 2011

In need of a tasty, healthy chicken salad recipe.?

I love chicken salad, and in an attempt to start saving $$$ by spending a ton on lunch at work, I was going to start making chicken salad, but I have not clue how to make it. I know their is chicken, mayo, but how do you cook the chicken? I think my mom use to boil it, is this healthier? Also, do you need a food processor? Thanks. I think I have had it with grapes, apples in the past. Not a big fan of onions either. What is a healthy substitute for mayo?In need of a tasty, healthy chicken salad recipe.?
You can cook it anyway that you like to. Boiling is probably the healthiest. I bake mine on a drip rack roaster, with ginger, paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper.


You do not need a food processor, you can chop it by hand, and or shredd it. I add to my salad





2 breasts chopped


1 stalk of celery


1/4 cup of shredded carrot


2 tbsp of dill pickle relish (this adds a zing and it has only 5 calories per servind)


1 tbsp of honey mustard ( you can mix mustard and honey)


3 tbsp of F.F. Mayo





This is delicious, I have made it this way for picnics and people always ask for the recipe.In need of a tasty, healthy chicken salad recipe.?
use chicken legs, boil. then clean off the meat.


use a little sesame oil in a hot pan w/ candied ginger, and garlic. mix with baby spinach. top with a small amount of almonds. very good.
mayo oioin celery olives
This is so easy. The answers you received so far are really out there.





Tyson and Oscar Meyer both sell 6 ounce bags of pre cooked chicken strips that have not been frozen, they are generally in the meat section of your grocer. I buy that and chop it up.





So...





1 six ounce bag cooked chicken strips


1 carrots, diced small or shredded (you can buy bags of shreds)


2 stalks celery, diced small


1 small green pepper diced small


2 green onions, sliced small and very optional


mayo





Mix all and sserve on bread as a sandwich, stuff pitas with this and lettuce, eat on crackers, put on bagels and cover with cheese and toast......be creative.
Just adjust everything to your personal taste. I prefer extra grapes and almonds, and cut back on the celery and carrots, but how you make it is entirely up to you! The prep time can vary greatly, depending on whether you cook your chicken breasts or use canned. I usually use canned, so that's how I'm figuring the prep time for this recipe.





here is a variety of chicken salads:


http://chicken.betterrecipes.com/chickensaladrecipes.html
You can buy canned cooked chicken, but I think it would taste better if you bought the chicken, cut it up, and boiled it yourself. Boiled chicken is definitely healthier! You could use a light mayo. I add celery, red grapes, apples, and pecans to mine. Very tasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment