Monday, November 21, 2011

Does anyone know where I can find a website that offers healthy low carb recipes for every meal??

I'm trying to lose 30 pounds by April 30th. I started exercising today, so that gives me 100 days to reach my goal. I want to change my diet but it's so hard fitting healthy foods in when you're on the go! I just need some quick and healthy breakfast and lunch ideas that I can take with me anywhere!! Also, dinner can sometimes be so bland with just meat and veggies. I've tried no carb diets before and I just get light headed and sleepy so I NEED carbs! Any suggestions would be GREAT!!Does anyone know where I can find a website that offers healthy low carb recipes for every meal??
Hi, Melly





In answer to your question, at the bottom of this reply I have listed two free Internet resources.





The first Internet resource has accurate low carbohydrate dietary information, guidelines, carbohydrate counters, and such that you need to stay on track. The second Internet resource has healthy and tasty low carbohydrate recipes for every meal.





They are both good free resources.





For your clarification, a low carbohydrate diet does not have to be a no carbohydrate diet. You are allowed to consume an amount of good carbohydrates, Melly.





As a starting point, I recommend obtaining about 15% of your calories from carbohydrates. If you get about 35% of your calories from proteins, this means getting about 50% of your calories from fats.





If you want to be healthy as well as lastingly lean, test a 15/35/50 diet. Adjust it as necessary for your particular circumstance. Think of this as a suggestion for the beginning of an experiment to discover the level of low carbohydrate diet that works best for you as an individual.





The key to successful low carbohydrate diets is to limit processed (refined, unnatural) carbohydrates. There are many unprocessed carbohydrates, like green leafy vegetables (rich in nutrients), that are an excellent supplement to proteins and fats.





The bottom line for a good low carbohydrate diet: consume about 60 grams of carbohydrates daily.





There is no reason ever to consume less than about 50 grams of carbohydrates daily, and nearly all (but preferably all) should be unprocessed.





To lose body fat, get your carbohydrate intake down to that level and stay there until you are at your ideal percentage of body fat. All that requires is keeping track of your carbohydrate intake: just keep it between 48 and 72 grams daily.





Once you are at your ideal percentage of body fat, raise your carbohydrate intake slightly. Still, keep it under 100 grams daily鈥攁nd simply cut back if you find yourself regaining body fat.


Such a diet promotes lasting weight loss rather than temporary weight loss. Instead of ';burning'; carbs, you will ';burn'; fat; you will shift from a carb-burning to a fat-burning metabolism. The only way to lose body fat is to enable your body to use that fat as fuel.





I hope this information helps you, Melly.





All my best wishes and good luck with your diet!Does anyone know where I can find a website that offers healthy low carb recipes for every meal??
Of course you need carbs - EVERYONE needs carbs (just in case anyone is confused - you make it sound like a no-carb diet is an option for some people). No-carb diets are not healthy.





Just do a search on Yahoo or Google, and you will find tons of recipes.
go to www.allrecipes.com they have everything!!!
I believe you can find it in the yahoo search bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment